5.17.2014

Summer is coming!



Science Park - Amsterdam
What do you do when you feel like winter just won't end, and all of a sudden it's 22 degrees celsius outside mid May? Shopping with your best friend of course! 

To be honest, I had a lot of work to do that day, so after a mini discussion with myself whether I should go or not, I decided that the weather was irrisistible and we headed out. Not having too much time before the shops would close, we narrowed it down to three: Pull and Bear, Urban Outfitters and Forever21. The shopping experience in Amsterdam is great when it's nice weather outside, as most shops face a pedestrian street situated in the heart of the city called the "Kalverstraat". The shops generally are located in old buildings because the architecture in the centre is exactly what one imagines Amsterdam would look like, and it is astoundingly beautiful. The shopping area is surrounded by the big squares such as Dam, Leidse and Rembrandt, so for tourists this is the part of Amsterdam everyone wants to see. Sadly, in the Netherlands it's common for it to be cold and rainy, hence when the sun comes out it seems like everyone is outside in their most summery outfits. Surprisingly I only ended up buying a few items at one of the shops. I am truly happy with what I purchased, all very floral, very summery, and made from very light fabric. Here is a look at two of them:

A kimono as they call it, with palm trees drawn in Japanese style. The blood orange goes beautifully with a lipstick from Revlon that I own. It is relatively long and the sleeves reach my wrists. I love this piece of clothing because you can pair it with so many things, create a lot of different looks. With a bikini for example, with shorts and a simple tanktop, or when it is a bit colder and you want to go out pair it with jeans, heels and add some more accessories.


A simple, fitted and semi cropped tank top. Great with high wasted short shorts or white jeans! This top can be worn to almost any event or place. Shopping, beach day, school day with a cardigan, going out or lunch with your parents, you name it. I also bought this in plain turquoise because the color is so vibrant and lovely for summer. 


Success! Four items that I absolutely adore (2 tanktops, a kimono and a flowery scarf), bonding time with the bestie and meeting up with our parents to have a nice dinner. My parents live in Mexico and were in the Netherlands to visit me, and I loved seeing them. I couldn't have asked for much more on such a normal day. For dinner we went to this great little place called "Het Badhuis" on Javaplein in Amsterdam where they serve nice sandwiches during lunch and have few, but delicious dinner options. I opted for the burger, as many of us did, and spend most of my time trying to figure out how to eat it gracefully... Not so successful on that front, but had a good time nonetheless. 

Ended the night watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in bed. Content with a day like this, you ask? Yes I think so... <3

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten